Sunday 29 May 2011

NOTD- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Peachy Keen

First NOTD!


Today's look is from Sally Hansen, and the new Complete Salon Manicure line, which you can see here: 
http://tinyurl.com/3qv3yac. I was lured by the promise of not needing a base or top coat, as it promises to have a manicure in a bottle with the base coat, colour, top coat and growth and strengthening treatments all included in it.

With Flash.

I absolutely love this colour, it's like a French Manicure colour but peachy rather than pink. It's very delicate and quite brightening on the hands. 

Is it good enough to eliminate a base coat and top coat? ...Hmmm. I feel fine not using a base coat with this pale colour, not sure I'd be confident with a dark colour. Personally I never use top coat anyway (too much effort for me as I'm quite impatient) but there are a fair few dents in the colour. It's not something that bothers me, but I'd use a separate top coat if you are. This is after one day's wear, I suspect I'm going to have to top up chips with more time.


Also ignore my rubbish painting skills! This is with 3 coats of polish.

Overall, lovely idea, not completely convinced it works that well, but not bad, and is a lovely polish in general! Tad expensive though if you just treat it as a normal polish.

I got mine in Boots for £6.99.

Rating: 7/10.

0 awesome readers had this to say:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...