Saturday 6 August 2011

NOTD- Rimmel Pro Polish in Hot List- a late Chanel dupe?

It took me a while to remember this, but remember the limited edition Chanel Paradoxal Polish?

Via www.manicuremommas.com
This really reminds me of that. Now I never saw or used the Chanel one myself, so I can't comment on it directly, but it looks very similar to my eye.


On the surface it's a mauve-y grey, but with a deep purple shimmer underneath.

You can see the shimmer in the bottle here, but it didn't photograph on the nails very well. In fact the shimmer didn't translate from the bottle to nails particularly well, I would have liked more of an obvious shimmer.

I wasn't particularly impressed with the formulation. It covered well in 2 coats, but I felt I needed to leave it for ages to dry in order not to smudge it (and even after that there seem to be a lot of dents in it for only being on 14 hours or so). There was also a fair bit of tip wear rather rapidly, although I don't use a top coat, so that may be my fault.

All in all? It's a nice enough colour- grown up but quite unusual. I just wish the shimmer was more in evidence and the formulation a lot better.

I paid £2.99 for this on a special offer.

Love Bex xxx

0 awesome readers had this to say:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...