Tuesday 26 July 2011

Beauty LAT: Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream SPF 30 Review

A while ago I jumped on the BB Cream bandwagon, starting with the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream in the shade Sheer Silky Skin #1. I wanted a product that would be a concealer, primer and SPF to save me some time in the mornings!


The design of this... I can't decide. I do think it's very cute, hygienic and mess-free, but there are definitely going to be problems when it starts to run out because you can't open it, I'm going to have to break it open!


This comes in 3 shades, all called the 'Sheer ... Skin' and numbered 1 to 3. This shade, shade #1, is the lightest. On opening it, my immediate thought was 'This is going to be waaaaaaay too dark!". You can kind of see what I mean:

There is a definite beige-y ness to it, which is something I usually dislike in a product.


However on blending it in... suddenly it becomes much more like my skin tone. My only real explanation is that the 'whitening' effect must lighten it up once blended in. I do have to be careful, especially around the jawline to make sure it's blended in well, but it really isn't bad, I've had foundations that were much worse!

Coverage wise, this definitely isn't 'sheer' like it claims on the box! It's more like a heavy concealer, or even a foundation really- this really covers up a lot (although not everything). It's not the lightest cream ever, but it isn't heavy like Revlon Colourstay or Estee Lauder's Doublewear, it still feels wearable and reasonably light. Performance wise it's very good- while it isn't completely weather or heat proof, it really isn't far off. I once got caught in very very heavy rain in this, and the damage was nothing like what I'd expected. However because of the high coverage and strong colour, you can't use this with a liquid foundation on top unless you want a big mess. It does make a gorgeous powder foundation base though!

I bought this off eBay for £10.15 for a 60g tube, from this seller. I do think it's absolutely worth the money, particularly on busy days where I want to have everything (primer, SPF, foundation) on but in half the time it would take to do it all individually. My only slight gripe is the colour- it isn't quite right for me, and it obviously needs to be applied all over for the SPF protection. If you're a N15 in MAC or a few shades darker I'd definitely recommend this range, but for me I think I'm going to try to find a BB Cream that's closer to my skintone. It's such a shame or I'd adore this product!

Rating: 9/10

Love L xxx

0 awesome readers had this to say:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...