Friday 29 July 2011

Fragrance Review: DarlingClandestine fragrances, for those who love unusual.

A while ago I purchased 6 samples of perfume from an etsy shop called darlingclandestine. I’ve been looking for unusual perfumes for a while, because I hate wearing the same thing as everyone else, so I thought I would try these as they were so beautifully described (seriously, her descriptions are like poetry, go read them!) and sounded so interesting. Darlingclandestine was lovely and sent me them quickly with an extra 2 to try (big smiles from me!) so I thought I’d give them a little review on here. Bear in mind they are a little hard to describe, so bear with me!

My favourite scent is Serpentina. It’s described as a ‘Ethereal, fresh green tea with a little opium bite‘ scent, and I would mostly agree with that. The herbal green tea note really comes through, but there is also a sweet citrus air to it that makes it almost good enough to eat. This one is one that makes me smell my wrists every 5 minutes when I’m wearing it because it smells so lovely.

Another love is Pyrotechnik. I didn’t know what to expect with this one, and it took me a while to actually work out how to describe it. It smells like Lush’s Snow Fairy shower gel (quite candyfloss-y) with a big melon top note. Also if you put a mix of all the new Skittles Crazy Cores sweets in your mouth, that’s exactly what it smells like… weird. Anyway, it’s sweet and fruity, without being sickly (I hate sickly scents) and is also yummy enough to eat. If you love melon, this scent is totally for you!

A surprise love was Tapadero. This is very close to its description of ‘Bold and bright sage and roses, dusky sweet smoke and leather‘. It has a beautiful rose note, but with a leather and smoky base that stops it from being sickly, and somehow makes it feminine and yet not. This is definitely an unusual evening scent for me. It’s a very Wild West dame scent.

I also tried Tilt-A-Whirl, Ballyhoo, Inked, Falchion and Step Right Up, but they weren’t quite right for me. If anyone wants to know my thoughts on those, please ask and I’ll happily supply details.

In short, I’m so pleased I ordered these! The samples and postage were very cheap, and when I have money I’m definitely going to be ordering some bigger sizes of my favourite 3. If you’re in the market for some unusual fragrances, I’d definitely give these a go :)

Love L xxx

0 awesome readers had this to say:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...